Some reminders -- we would love to see you this weekend. But it is also going to be cold out there.
If you are uncomfortable coming out to the event, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can hold your ticket for a future event. Our standard policy is to hold tickets over to future events no questions asked.
For those of you who are going to be coming out, a couple of reminders.
1) Pack extra layers and extra socks
2) Remember to stay hydrated
3) Get inside periodically to warm up
4) Dressing in layers will be your best option -- costuming is great but keeping warm is better.
5) Foam weapons hurt more when they are cold, or when you are cold -- be extra careful to pull your blows and generally slow everything down.
6) The ground is cold -- don't lie down on it for extended periods of time -- we highly recommend instead taking a knee. Also, try to avoid running as the ground can easily be slippery.
We are adding some more hot food options to the menu to help keep everyone warm. This event we plan to have white rice and vegetable broth available around the clock in addition to coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and our normal food and snacks. Lunch on Saturday will also have warmed pulled chicken in addition to the usual fare.